I got to spend the better part of the weekend undisturbed in the basement. I used the time to break down one of the old tables (weep) and to wire a significant portion of the new layout.
The main lines along the East wall and the South wall are powered and I spent a couple hours just running engines back and forth, pulling short drags of cars. Sadly, it can’t go very far yet, but at least it’s a start.
The old table was along the north wall. Teardown started because I wanted a couple of the switch machines on that table. Once that was done, I just kept going until I had the whole thing torn down. It was preventing me from getting at the wall to hang new tables, so it’s no big deal.